MOSCOW, October 23 (Itar-Tass) - The Moscow city court on October 25 will hold hearings into a lawsuit filed by the Federal Agency for supervision of law in the mass media (Roscomnadzor) against the Rosbalt news agency.
The lawsuit was filed after two warnings had been issued to Rosbalt for violations of the law on the mass media, a Rosbalt source told Itar-Tass. The Roscomnadzor challenged the Rosbalt on July 23 for use of obscene language in two videos initially placed on the YouTube. After the incident the Rosbalt editors removed the videos from the YouTube site, but even that did not help Rosbalt avoid two more official reprimands from Roscomnadzor.
The amended bill on the mass media, which bans using obscene language, was adopted in April 2013. But, neither a list of words banned from use nor proof of the use of foul language in the media have been produced until now, the Rosbalt source said.
On October 24 a case against the Rosbalt media agency opened over the use of obscene language will come up at magistrate court department No. 198 in Kuntsevo in the west of Moscow.