Amber Bridge Fund: to the XXI century and further on
The Amber Bridge non-profit public fund was set up in 2010 and was registered by the Russian justice ministry.
The main aim of the fund is to promote multilateral good-neighborly relations among countries of the Baltic region in cultural, educational, and economic spheres.
The statutory documents of the fund envisage:
1. Promotion of economic cooperation between Baltic countries and Russian regions. Coordination and information backup to transborder regional cooperation.
2. Creation of a common communication environment. Maximum promotion of a free exchange of information, technologies, and scientific discoveries. Development of Latvia and Baltic countries into transit environment for Russia and the European Union. Creation of a common Internet environment - news portals, business information centers, electronic databases and background materials.
3. Cooperation in higher education. Creation of permanent mechanisms of student exchanges between Russian and Baltic Universities. Design of a program for study placement, joint conferences, and joint grants for young scientists. Implementation of Bologna higher education principles.
4. Scientific study of the Baltic civilization. Creation of a special center that will be a leading coordinator of Baltic region research.
5. Baltic media outreach. Implementation of complex PR tasks. Publishing activity. Operations in Internet space.